2019-2020 Scholarship Application Directions:
Access the form here:2019-2020 Scholarship Application Form
- Complete all sections of the application. All information must be typed. Handwritten applications will not be accepted. If you need additional space, then information may be continued on additional pages and attached to the application.
- Include a 600 word essay explaining your college choice and financial need. Explain why you are applying for this scholarship. The essay must be typed. Please proofread your essay for grammatical accuracy.
- Include the following with your completed application:
- Two character reference letters with original signatures on official letterhead. (one reference letter must be from a faculty member of your high school and one letter must be from a community leader, e.g. pastor, scout leader, volunteer supervisor, etc.)
- Your official high school transcript with GPA.
- Copy of your parent or guardian’s tax transcript indicating Adjusted Gross Income and Family size. Please black-out all social security numbers.
- A recent professional photograph (Example – formal senior picture. Proofs are not acceptable.) Standard headshot at least 2.5 X 3.5 inches in size. Picture should be suitable for publication.
- Signed picture release form located below, which grants permission to the sorority to use your picture in publicity and media releases.
- School Counselor Form located below.
- It is the student’s responsibility to return your completed application with requested components either online or mail to the following address:
Martinsville Alumnae Chapter of
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
P.O. Box 1089
Martinsville, Virginia 24114
- The postmark deadline is February 29, 2020.
Documents must be filed for 5 years within our chapter and then the chapter will shred them.
Please contact Brenell Thomas at MartinsvilleLMC@gmail.com with any questions.