Calling Bassett, Magna Vista and Martinsville High School Seniors
Applications now being ACCEPTED for..2020-2021 Scholarship Application
2020-2021 Scholarship Application Directions:
Access the form here:2020-2021 Scholarship Application Form
- Please ensure that you complete the entire application. All information must be typed. Handwritten applications will not be accepted. If you need additional space, then information may be continued on additional pages and attached to the application.
- Document your involvement in School and Community activities over your high school years. Include awards received and work experience during the same time period.
- Request transcripts from your school early to ensure they arrive by the deadline. Transcripts must be post marked by February 28, 2021 (by midnight Eastern Standard Time). Remember, only Official Transcripts are accepted.
- The school should send the most current transcript available. The information populated in the application should align with the transcript.
- Please ensure essay meets the 600 word limit explaining your college choice and financial need. Explain why you are applying for this scholarship. The essay must be typed. Please proofread your essay for grammatical accuracy.
- Include two character reference letters with original signatures on official letterhead. (one reference letter must be from a faculty member of your high school and one letter must be from a community leader, e.g. pastor, scout leader, volunteer supervisor, etc.). These letters may be mailed with your transcripts or uploaded to this online application. If you mail the letters please indicate that on Page 5 as ‘Other’ on the application checklist.
- Carefully review the application for accuracy before it is submitted.
- All application materials must be received by February 28, 2021 (by midnight Eastern Standard Time).
- The online application will remain active as long as your browser is open. If you close your browser prior to submitting the application, your information will be lost.
- Upload your completed School Counselor form containing the signature of your School Counselor.
- Upload a recent professional photograph (Example – formal senior picture. Proofs are not acceptable.) Standard headshot at least 2.5 X 3.5 inches in size. Picture should be suitable for publication.
- Sign and upload the photo release form located on page 5 which grants permission to the sorority to use your picture in publicity and media releases.
- Upload a copy of your parent or guardian’s tax transcript indicating Adjusted Gross Income and Family size. Please black-out all social security numbers. The tax transcripts may be mailed with your school transcripts or uploaded to this online application. If you mail the tax transcripts please indicate that on Page 5 as ‘Other’ on the application checklist.
It is the student’s responsibility to return your completed application with requested components either online or mail to the following address:
Martinsville Alumnae Chapter of
Delta Sigma Theta Sorority, Inc.
P.O. Box 1089
Martinsville, Virginia 24114
- The postmark deadline is February 28, 2021.
Documents must be filed for 5 years within our chapter and then the chapter will shred them.
Please contact Brenell Thomas at MartinsvilleLMC@gmail.com with any questions.